Saturday, November 1, 2008

Here I am, Lord send me

Song by Downhere
Here I Am...
Sometimes your calling, comes in dream Sometimes in comes in the Spirit's breeze, You reach for the deepest part of me, And call out for the things of eternity.
But I'm a man, of dust and stains, You move in me, so I can say,

Here I am, Lord send me, All of my life, I make an offering, Here I am, Lord send me, Somehow my story, Is part of your plan, Here I am

When setbacks and failures, and upset plans, Test my faith and leave me with empty hands, Are you not the closest when it's hardest to stand? I know that you will finish what you began.
These broken parts you redeem, Become the song, that I can sing (chorus)

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness, And the fear that I'll fail you in the end, In this mess, I'm just one of the pieces, I can't put this together but you can.


Wow, when I first heard this song on the radio, I cried, ok...no actual tears were shed but God had moved in my emotions, this song desribes what He is doing in my life right now. I have said to God this summer Here I am...send me!

So for those of you that don't know, and that would be most of you but God is working big in my life this past year. It has been a journey I would like to call this My Adventure in Faith.

A little fill in for those that I haven't been able in contact with, a year ago today I would say that I stepped out in Faith, nothing holding me back, it was a clear step. In planning a vacation to Kenya, God had stripped me of all that I was comfortable with, I had no car, and I packed up everything and put it into storage. That was my life getting shaken up.

I asked God why, why would my life get so uncomfortable?

He then answered and asked for more, what more can you do for Me?

Through lots of prayer and seeking out God, that more is a calling of my life to Kenya.

Yes, God is calling me to Kenya to serve Him there, to serve the people of Kenya to love them and to share what I know. To leave a part of me with the people that God loves and to be a mentor.

I have been accepted by African Inland Mission in their short term ignite program, I have no idea of where I am going, or when I am leaving but God knows. God knows the big picture of this mission but I am just excited to see how He will use me.

I have seen God work in this all year long and know that His timing and His promises are perfect in every way. God has taugh me to fully rely on Him and surrender my life to Him.

I pray that you will come along side of me to pray for me and be a support to me in this new journey in my life, I am excited to bring you along.

Hebrews 11:1, 8
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Hebrews 12:1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

No comments: