I have been on a journey, a real adventure of life this past year. It is interesting that about a year ago my life started to be shaken up. Everything around me was getting ruffled and becoming uncomfortable. I started to re-evaluate my life. I then had a sense of “What more can I do?”
I was content with life but it seemed whatever bend I came to, everything seemed to get more complicated.
The more I sought the more it became clear.
For years I have always had a heart for missions, I have been a part of short term Mission teams in the past as well as working here in Calgary at a homeless shelter, I thought that was fulfilling my calling and I was done. About a month before I departed for Kenya last year, I felt that God was asking me to consider missions there. That vacation was the start of seeking out God in “What more are You asking me to do?”
In all of this my brother, Todd was my sounding board, I was confused while I was there and upon my return to Canada. I put all the roadblocks that I could think of in my way: my health, my job, and my future. Then as I applied with Africa Inland Mission everything fell into place. My Health improved, my employers encouraged me to go for the year on a leave of absence, with my job being there when I return.
As I fully surrendered this to God, He has been most faithful everything, from the application with Africa Inland Mission, to the interview to acceptance with the organization and to the opportunity of the placement in Kenya.
God has called me to Kenya, and I am going to Kenya as a step of obedience in April 2009 until April 2010.
The opportunity that I have to go to into service with Africa Inland Mission working with an organization called International Services based in Nairobi, Kenya.
International Services is the hub in Kenya that serves East Africa, for all missionaries and organizations.
They provide the lifeline of support to missionaries and the Church in Kenya. Ministries that are included are Aviation AIM Air, Logistical Support, Building and Engineering, Counselling Support, Administration Services, and Finance Services. These ministries are partnering to reach the unreached of Africa.
I will be serving as the Executive Assistant to the Director of International Services, in a support role to help keep him organized, as well as his managers. I will also be there to ease a transition of Directors as well as taking on some Human Resource projects as they await their manager to arrive later in 2009.
Prayer Requests and Praise
· Please pray that everything will go smoothly as my working documents are processed by the Kenyan Government. The papers were submitted on Dec 23rd, but AIM would like speed up the process as they are in desperate need of my help at International Services.
· Praise that God has provided me with peace throughout this process.
· I am awaiting my financial support; I require 100% to be able to depart this Spring.
· As my departure date is up in the air at the moment, the sooner everything comes together, the better.
More about AIM at www.aimint.org/can
Donations can be emailed to General.can@aimint.net
· Please pray that I continue to see God preparing the way for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment