Well, as this is my attempt to write more and keep this blog updated! Here I am!
This past weekend was an action packed weekend, the days leading up to it as well!
Let me tell you about it...
It all started about last Wednesday night, I got a phone call from my brother who had wanted me to come out and visit the family at RVA, even Cassidy got on the phone and was like, are you coming Aunt Joelle? Well, I felt torn, we had been making plans here in NBO to hang out with a friend that is leaving this week, but I hadn't seen my family in a few weeks! So then as I was deciding I get this email from my mom...saying, you should go to RVA this weekend, if you do you will be mighty surprised!
Ok...first of all when someone says something like that...you think...who is coming?
Well, curiousity kills me...I tell you if I don't know what is going on...I find out! Well, I texted my sister and asked if she knew anything more, I had emailed friends to ask them to call my mom and find out where she was! I even emailed mom asking for more hints! It turns out the answer I got from mom, was like it is a care package arriving at RVA this weekend!
Ok...so my friends and I were convinced that I needed to go...it was obvious that there was more to it! I was excited, and curious all at the same time, I was pretty impressed that someone could surprise me so well!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...there was nothing "surprising" about the weekend! I ended up babysitting and taking in the events of the Alumni weekend, hosted by RVA! It was great otherwise, but this is a reminder to mom, full details are needed when sending a package!
I got some great family time in and got to hang out with my friends here in NBO. Though they made fun of me....some more Canadian jokes! This time...have you all heard of the Canadian version of itunes? "eh"tunes! I was quick to remind them that it actually is itunes.c"eh"...silly Americans! It was an afternoon dedicated to teasing Joelle.
We ended the night with Ethiopian food, in mass numbers we got a large group together and enjoy eating with our hands!
It was a great weekend!
This week we have a new roommate added to the house for the next 5 weeks! Here name is Lindsay, and from Las Vegas! She is here working with AIM Air in the hangar!
There is also two new shortterm guys, Lance and Kevin here too!
We also said goodbyes to Luke and Philip who are done here at IS! It has been a week of transitions!
So that has been my week, no new pictures...as I was cameraless all weekend long!
No comments:
Post a Comment