Well, as I end this week...the last week of work has been completely insane! Between planning a Volunteer Event, to making sure our weekend preparations were done...I honestly don't know where this week went, it just flew by.
With that said, I love my job! Really, coming up to my three month point I realized this week why I do what I do. All it took was an email from a family, as I included them in our church family...that they have appreciated being able to have a church family with us while their Husband was going through Chemo. Now, that stopped me in my tracks...to not wonder why things are not more organized...and why people do what they do...nothing can frustrate me as God has me here to fulfill and build relationships with our Church family!
I can say as September hits, Winter has settled in...ok not really winter but when it is 3 degrees when you wake up...I can say Summer is officially gone (we never really had it)! My feet...are still in flip flops...till the day it snows, but I have pulled out the sweaters, and the down jacket! One night my mom looked at my feet and got mad that I didn't have socks on...then she pointed out that my feet were purple from being so cold. The other day it was raining...and sure enough...those flip flops were on my feet!
The Family has finally settled, Cassidy and Titus officially started back to school, a public school that is. They have had some interesting first weeks of school, but overall enjoying being back in Canada. Cassidy has started in ballet, and Titus starts up in Skating lessons in October. Ella has started in preschool, and she talks about her teacher like I should know her, but she really enjoys it. Her extra activity is Itsy Bitsy Yoga...which is fun yoga for kids...they do the stretches like a tree blowing in the wind, and cats stretching their backs! Kylie and Todd are doing well, Kylie is getting involved in a ladies bible study, while Todd has been busy building a fence, painting a shed, and getting things moved in the house. He has gone on the sub list with the schools in town, so there is a little more freedom!
I guess I should share how the word Floppy got to be the new funny word with the kids! Well from previous posts, Seaweed is one, and Handy. Well, last weekend when I went for a visit, Cassidy and Titus got a little hyper, so us kids were left in the Van while mom and dad ran into the store. They were playing who can stay quieter the longest in the back seat...then they were like...lets play this and see who can make the other person laugh. Well I thought that perhaps we would do one round of quiet...and then another with making funnies. While we were sitting there Ella isn't quite on the ball of knowing to be quiet so we were chatting and having a lovely conversation, until she was telling me something about her flip flop. Flop came out with a gob of spit into my eye! The kids in the back seat didn't see this but I replied to Ella and said...wow that was quite the Flop of spit in my eye... the kids in the back seat...could barely hold on to stay quiet and the silent giggles started up. So taking my cue...I started in...making comments like, ...that reminds me...I think I use to have a bunny named Floppy, hey you guys...no flopping around back there!! And I went on and on until I had them both laughing so hard we had to stop the silent game.
As for my prank...the best prank ever! This was a good one, at work a couple weeks ago we had an off site meeting at Heritage Park, for those that don't know it is a park that has all of Alberta's heritage, old houses, ferris wheel, old steam ferry, antiques and shops set up from the early 1900's. Well, I was organizing our team together to see who was coming. Well one of our Summer Interns had told me that she loves Heritage Park so much, almost as much as Disneyland. So, me just joking around, says to her, well I heard that they are giving out prizes for those that come dressed in the best costume of dress in the early 1900's. She was like, they are giving prizes, I would totally dress up. So...I commenced operations! I recruited, two people that she trusts and would totally go along with. We got so far that she was serious about dressing up and going out and buying things to go with her costume. Everything was going as planned. One small detail, that I need to mention, is that her sister was also working with us this summer. She heard me talking about it and thought it was funny too! It was all going according to plan...until I showed up to our meeting and she was dressed in jeans. I asked what happened...and we found out that her sister told her mom, her mom made her tell her sister that it was a joke... and our joke was ruined! It would've been priceless! I also had the perfect presentation to do in front of the whole staff about our team values, in striving for teamwork, in accountability between staff, and excellence in what we do and cohesiveness with other departments. It was just hilarious! but it was ruined! I did confess to my boss of my proud moment and she had a good laugh about it!!
So all in all...I have been staying out of trouble...and trouble has found me, once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment