Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Languages et al

So, as I was relaxing with my coffee this morning (some of the bunch of coffee that I brought back with me from Kenya) I came across these personality tests on Dr. Gary Chapman's website, I thought I would share.  For those that are curious to their love language and their apology language click on the links to find out what speaks to your heart the most.

The Languages of Apology

The Love Language Personality Profile

These are so helpful in who you are as a person, and how others can communicate with you, that is more meaningful. 

My results...were just as I suspected, which is pretty good.

My two top languages of Apology is Expressing Regret and Accepting Responsibility, a simple sorry is all I need, but being responsible for your actions, without proving to me that you need to do something in return...saves me from thinking you are an idiot, you can admit it yourself.  Sad but true...funny but not!

My top Love Language...hmmm...Quality Time, for those of you that know me...I am all about the time I get to spend with you!  If I can go watch TV with someone, have coffee, just talk, I feel loved.  If that is your gift...watch out...I do it well.  And Acts of Service, if you do something to help me out, or do work along side of me, that is something special, or even go and wash my car...its better than a pick up line.  One love language I despise, ok, I don't hate it, Words of Affirmation... I really don't need to be told I am appreciated because I am good at what I do, or be told because you are good at planning something, you should plan and organize something.  I love getting the idea and getting to run with it, not being expected to do something because that is what my gifting is.

So as I learn more about me...I want to share how you can learn more about yourselves, especially if you are frustrated that you can't figure out others or yourself. 

No comments: