Here I am...God is good...I am alive and well!
It has been a while that I have felt this encouraged to share what God is doing in my life but its time to get it out. This year has been one of those years that I turn a corner and when I am down, I am down and I get kicked lower. It hasn't been a discouraging year but a year that I am thankful that I am not discouraged.
I have found in every moment that I feel that God is growing me, so when life is overwhelming to say the least, that I get kicked harder in those moments. There has been many tears shed, heartbreaks, tough love, encouraging moments, and heart aches. It almost sounds like I have been an emotional rollercoaster, but not really. I feel like I have celebrated at the best of times, mourned at the worse, and yearn for God to fill me all in between. I would lie in saying that these last few years...have been horrid...if you hear what has crossed my path...you will be amazed I am still standing...I am thankful that I am still here!
I know I have shared many things that have been happening, have happened in my life but the worse of all was an abusive relationship I was in. I am not looking for sympathy, I don't blame myself or the other person in this, none of it. It is something that has happened and I am aware of how God protected me. But it has been something that is hard to overcome. These last few weeks God has allowed me...to have the strength to overcome...that I know who I am...and not defined by people to be someone else, no one else can tell me to change, or to tell me any different of who God made me to be.
I celebrate God this week, as I feel that he is working in my life, preparing me for more to come, a new step and excitement. God is good! God is trustworthy...and I love that I can do all things in Him who gives me strength.
That is a wee bit of my personal side...I thank you for your prayers and for the hope that I have to be encouraged by one another.
This last weekend I was amazed by our Youth...it was spectacular to see God at work and to see growth. I had the opportunity to pray with a student....her life sounded like mine at her age...my heart breaks for the hurting but I know that God is working in these students lives...if they see it or not....God is preparing them...for what is yet to come! Many of the Youth are being molded and shaped for what is to come...praying for change in this new generation!
be blessed...I know I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment