Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas All Around Me

Well, it has been a busy week, and it is starting to feel like Christmas is all around me, minus the snow! (Sorry Calgarians, I didn’t think that winter would hit that hard in December, but I agree that the weather outside is frightful, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!)

I haven’t really blogged too much this week, but there has been so much that has happened I don’t know where to start, so I will start with the first big event...

AIM had their big conference this past weekend, it was great and spent a lot of time with the family! The conference was good, there were a few things that could have been done differently to actually mix and mingle with people. I didn’t really meet anyone new, which I was surprised by. It just goes to solidify my opinion of Christian’s, that some, not all, are so selfish, yes I am posting this on my blog because I think that people need to get their head out of the sand, their time to themselves is not as important as investing in a life that needs it, and because I may not be married or have children doesn’t make me different! So there, now that’s off my chest. I am sorry if I offended anyone, but it’s true you see that in church in Canada, and you see it here in a community of Christian’s from around the world.

So back to the conference, there was a good speaker, and he spoke a lot about spiritual warfare, which was interesting because I was thinking about that lots lately, just felt that I was going through it myself. I just felt lots of the physical ailments of it, with tiredness, migraines, and insomnia. He was very good, just reminded us to put on the armour of God, and bathe in prayer. This weekend I finally felt like my body had gone through a revival and I have been sleeping better and haven’t been hit by a migraine yet this week, which I Praise God about!

The weekend was very relaxing, and the kids had a blast at the children’s program, Cassidy just kept saying how awesome it was, and so totally cool! I spent a couple of extra days up there, spent some time with the kids, we had a water fight, after we spent a long time filling up the buckets outside to play in. Had late night talks with Cassidy (just girl talk), I tried to convince her that the First Noel was really the First Joelle, she didn’t believe me, but then I heard her try and tell Titus that, he didn’t believe her either. Ella and I played church, and she preached and sang, I fell asleep. That smart girl figured it out, came over and took my sunglasses off.

So then I came back for a couple days of work, and then the weekend hit.


Today was great, it was the biggest event of the year, the Christmas Craft Fair, and it was amazing once I got there of course. I was running late this morning but made it to the fair, it was splendid, there were tents set up where there is all these vendors of crafts of venues from throughout Nairobi, it was great, I started my Christmas shopping, and pretty pleased with what I have found. So now that it feels like Christmas – Feliz Navidad

Well that is all for this week, I have been listening to Christmas music this week, bobbing my head to some Boney M, and Hokus Pick Christmas tunes. Just found the some new tunes by Toby Mac and David Crowder, totally having a great music week!

No comments: