Well today I am just basking in the sun, relaxing finally after a full 3 weeks of watching God amaze me!
Not sure what this day has in store but know that God is there for me!
But something that has come to mind...as I share my thoughts with you...about encouragement!
Yes encouragement is something that I have thought about tons this week, with my family going through these hard times and uncertainty but I know God is there for me but does everyone have that reassurance that rest in a God that is so powerful?
I have learnt these last few weeks that people avoid the hard times the suffering, the pain that others go through because they don't know what to say or if they are capable of giving care. In a devotional that I got this week, it explained how the cure was to care for others in all seasons of life. I agree to this and feel that as humans we are all weak in this way.
We often do not know how to relate to someone, saying things that are shallow or half hearted. But when you truly care, do you really ask the other person "how are you?" not about the situation and not about the hard times...but truly ask the other person how they are doing? This has meant more to me in these few weeks then people feeling sorry and not knowing what to say or do! I have enjoyed fellowship with people that are letting me enjoy life and to reflect on what I can be thankful for instead of dwelling on the hurt and pain my family has the ability of changing my character.
I don't enjoy small talk for the sake of small talk, for the sake of gossip or the sake of trying to be friendly. This comes with community with being open and vulnerable to each other. This is something that I have had all four walls up around my life and they have been beautiful brick walls that I was not interested in taking down. This last year God has been transforming my bricks to be the white picket fence. My biggest fear is to be vulnerable, to take that step outside of white picket fence and see what the world has to offer or attack me with. It has been an interesting journey.
Coming out of that comfort has allowed me to see the lack of community when it is needed most! I am not pointing fingers and I am not mad at anyone...but we have to allow God to work in us, to see where we all can improve upon!
I pray this for each of you...to realize it and to make an effort to be the person God made you to be to set aside your priorities to set aside your pride, be humble in all that you do!
May God be with you this blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment