
We quickly arrived on campus mid afternoon, after playing with Ella for a while we headed over to the gym to check out the excitement of all the students and teachers weighing in their cars, and getting a chance to view them. I forgot to bring my camera, but there were designs from fast sports cars to an Outhouse, a shopping cart full of food and someone even built a tent trailer, complete with the canvas that closed up for the races. It was pretty cool to see the creativity of the students.
Saturday started early as Cassidy's race was the first one of the day, Todd's was later in the afternoon. So we all made it down to see Cassidy race her car, now I would say that something runs in the family, her car placed first 7 times out of 8 races.
Todd's car was pretty neat, all slick and fast. His car did really well the first heat. Then something happened and the speed was out of the car. It was surprising to watch it do so well and then sizzle out.
Well it made for a fun day which ended with an Awards ceremony, the highlights of that:
1st Place Grade Four Speed - Cassidy Dubber
3rd Place Womens Speed - Joanne Stenstrom
Best Engineered Mens - Todd Dubber
So it was a great weekend, getting to spend it with the family. I am hoping to get up there more before Christmas. I am realizing the need to get out of Nairobi as often as I can. Oh should I mention that I watched the Hannah Montana movies...and my recommendation...it isn't that bad.
Thanks to the fam for an exciting and busy weekend like usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment