"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." ~Henri Nouwen
Well, figure I would be thankful today, in life times there is hardship but to bring joy in the midst of hardships...its life with God. After all of you have celebrated and fully stuff yourself with Turkey, I got a different perspective, from life of observance in truly being thankful this week.
This week I am thankful for friends like you, you are a dear support in the times that I need a pat on the back and a push forward. Times right now are not easy and not fun, but when you all are cheering me on...I feel the love and am reminded in being here, half way across the world that living a life towards the greater things are more important. Thank you all for the encouragement, the notes of love, and the general reminder that friends are a great addition to life, even though I am not there physically, you are all there in my mind and more than a memory. Friendships are memories that follow with you no matter where you go.
I am thankful for provisions, yes there is not everything you need at the grocery store and yes the power did go out for most of the weekend. But I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food and water in the fridge. More than what some people have in any place in this world.
I am thankful for fun and laughter, yes you all know that I love to laugh but lately I have noticed when I laugh because it is not so common. But when you find a dead mouse in the house, or ten zillion ants in the meat, God gives you something to laugh about.
I am thankful for life, for living a life holy and pleasing to God, for walking with Him in obedience and for trusting in Him as He is always there, He will never leave me nor fore sake me, He will lead me and guide me, He loves me for who I am and is my heavenly Father.
I am thankful for another year given to me, for the past 30 years of seeing God working to get me to this point, has taking refining and molding, there is still more for me to do and to learn. I pray that this year will be more than a blessing that God would continue to guide and direct me in all that I do, where ever I end up.
Thank you to all that have been a true friend, to all that even read this as being a supporter, and cheerleader (even you guys - you just don't have to wear the short skirt), thank you to new friends, and to the oldest of old friends (not talking age matters here, but some of you have known me all my life).
thanks⋅giv⋅ing /ˌθæŋksˈgɪvɪŋ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [thangks-giv-ing]
–noun
1. the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment of benefits or favors, esp. to God.
2. an expression of thanks, esp. to God.
3. a public celebration in acknowledgment of divine favor or kindness.
4. a day set apart for giving thanks to God.
5. (initial capital letter) Thanksgiving Day.
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 4:14-16
No comments:
Post a Comment