This past weekend, was a long overdue trip to Diamond Plaza, now this is just an experience in itself, more than anything. This place is the little India of Nairobi. It is where you find, authentic saris, indian food, and a whole other culture of life here in the big city. It truly is a great experience. Even if we spent an hour and a half in traffic, it is all in the day here in Nairobi. We tried something different, it was a milkshake with gelatin in it, now I can't remember what it was called, but it also had rice vermicelli in it. So you suck the noodles through the straw, which according to Loren...makes it that much more fun to drink it.
This weekend I spent the day with a family that lives close by, we went out to a school just on the outskirts of Nairobi, it was beautiful, houses where on small acreages, and they were gorgeous. The school we went to was an International School, we went for a Halloween party put on by the US Embassy, definitely interesting to see the American culture. We did spend most of our time in traffic as well again but it was fun, ok...it wasn't but we had to be positive.
Church was good on Sunday too, got to hang out with a couple of friends Sunday afternoon. Then Sunday evening the power went out, just as it got dark and was out for a few hours. You know...it is hard to entertain yourself when there is no power. Thankfully I had some battery time in my laptop, and someone to chat with, actually I think I did more of the chatting...until the battery died. Then it was time to pull out the candles.
It was good to catch up with those that I found online this weekend, it was truly a blessing to be able to be encouraged by you and to update you on how the prayers had been answered.
Other than that...that was all of my weekend, tonight I have visitors from Canada, and dinner out, looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment