Monday, November 9, 2009

Driving...

Ok...well I couldn't let this one slide, my first out of town driving experience in Kenya.

Some of the common phrases that left me lips (don't worry I didn't write them down while I was driving)
- Hallelujah
- What the heck?
- Are you serious?
- Come on over...welcome to my lane!

All while listening to Pastor Henry's sermon on being a torch bearer! Fitting as it might be!

While my first out of town driving experience was all to uneventful but all too exciting with fighting the road with Matatus, and the bad road conditions of grooves in the roads, it is not snow or mud, but in the pavement grooves that I swore would swallow up the car in an instant if I was in the other lane.

Besides being cut off, numerous times, trying to pass matatus that let their pride get in the way, and have a small child run across the highway without looking in front of me. I survived!

Yes, I am a survivor of the Kenyan roadways!


This is something similar to what I am driving around...isn't it cute?


No comments: