Sex in a Pan
Are we there Yet?
What happens here…should stay here!
Are we there Yet?
What happens here…should stay here!
You know all intriguing titles…I was almost tempted to write at least three different blogs…but here they are all in one! Enjoy!
Sex in a Pan
The first funny story was the Sex in a Pan incident. Now that just sounds bad…funny! But as a missionary…I am referring to the dessert! Everyone clear your minds!
So the other night I was having dinner with a family here, and she pulled out dessert, as she was cutting it, I could not stop myself, I was ooh that looks so good, is that Sex in a Pan? Thinking that I haven’t had it forever, and not thinking that not everyone has heard about it! Well, the spatula dropped as well as her jaw. She asked, what did you say? Oh, well some call it Sin in a Tin, all innocent at the same time, my face dead serious. She was like, no Joelle, this is ‘something pie’, now I can’t remember the real name of the pie, because it was time for my jaw to drop and say…what you haven’t heard of Sex in a Pan? So one up on the American’s, we have Sex in a Pan…and they don’t! (if you have the recipe...send it to me...I want to prove my American friends wrong, that this 'pie' we ate was really a sin)
Are we there Yet?
Well, it is always interesting to hear Facebook statuses of people complaining in the snow covered roads that it took them forever getting home. Like the 20 minute ride took 2 hours, etc. Well I have been there, done that! This one kicks all other complaints that I have had in Canada…Friday night, it took me 40 minutes to go…4.5 km. No joke, there wasn’t any snow, strikes or riots. Just patiently sitting in the car trying to find the best route home, while enjoying a sermon from CSC, darn it though, I missed the last five minutes of it.
What happens here…should stay here!
Well, don’t tell mom, but my choices in footwear still gets me in trouble. You see, the ladies I use to work with, would make fun of me, for when it snowed or was -20 below, I would prance into work with the littlest cutest shoes, saying don’t worry, my feet will unthaw and they will be cute. Boots are unheard of in my wardrobe.
Well, my thoughts last week, when I am sitting in my office, looking out the window, looks like rain… hopefully it will hold off until I get home. Well, just as I thought that, the sky opened up, and the rain came down. Big huge pellets of rain drops… So, my next thought…well hopefully it will clear up before I leave…my choice of footwear was not made for rain. (But notice the beautiful pedicure, that only cost me $7.50)
Well, thankfully it did taper off a little before leaving, but there I was, prancing through the parking lot avoiding puddles.
Before and After
So I don’t even know how to start this one…but I guess I needed a haircut. I guess one thing I do is procrastinate on the most is hair cuts, I never enjoy the experience, and end up with a new cut, trying to figure out what do with it. Well, here I was enjoying my long hair. It was the longest it had been in years, though it needed a cut I debated long and hard about it. My first stance was that I could wait until I get home, no problem. Well then I started to notice, that my hair was getting dry and at the point that I desperately needed a cut. So yesterday, I said to myself, it is now or never. I walked to the hair salon, and asked if there was time for an appointment, he said, right now. So, I took the plunge, after getting hair washed, stripped and washed. A little extreme on the hair washing, like 3 shampoos and a 1 condition round later, I asked for a cut. I said, specifically, I would like the ends chopped off a little more than a trim, they are a little dry. But I don’t mind it short, but still long enough to put in a ponytail. My thoughts as I went in with a low ponytail, that it would be shoulder length.
As he was finishing up, and concerned that my hair wasn’t curling…he was about to continue chopping…I said, oh no…those will curl, they are just a little slow on the uptake! I just smiled as he made sure that it was poofed to his perfection, I felt like Barbie getting a make over, in the 80’s. Sorry no pictures of that embarrassment.
I ended up with a cute, shorter than I was looking for, new hair do. I actually love it, even though…I can’t quite get it all into a ponytail like I asked, the ponytail holder is now retired. You privileged folk of blog readers get the sneak peek, and before and after pictures.
And because I work in a Hangar full of men, no one has noticed yet, that I am missing six inches of hair.

Some other things!
Well, this weekend...I did things that I am not ashamed to say in public, you may all be surprised at my behaviour but here it goes. I baked two loaves of bread this weekend, a yummy oatmeal bread that is delicious, and...I baked a chicken, with potatoes and green beans! Along with Apple Crumble for dessert! I know...it is just not the Joelle you know, baking...cooking! Ok, maybe some of you could see it, I just kept it suppressed...far far away!
Be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment