so the joys of being in BC...
I have enjoyed the whole gamma of seasons this week...the weekend brought a beautiful gorgeous day to drive, it was even hot! Or lets say the first hot days of Canada, everyone was in their shorts and tank tops, me in a sweater and long pants, everyone working on their tan for their pasty white skin...and then I walked in...yes people stared. I wouldn't say that I am that tanned...but it is better than the pasty whites.
So this week we have managed to go Scrapbook supply shopping, wedding dress shopping, checked out Grouse Mountain...I even got to see snow while wearing flip flops (a Canadian thing). It has been busy and good. To be honest...jet lag??? who knew...I skipped out on that. I have been wide awake all day...but blurry eyed by the end, sleeping through the night. I have been way too busy to even let the jet lag hit. Another thing...the days are long...long...who would've thought that I would have a hard time with looking outside at 10:30 pm...and seeing light still???
Today, we had a fun day...it started early but Jennine and I made it to the Garden Centre early, we made four trips to four different Garden Centres...yes...a little extreme but Jennine and Rick's backyard is going to look great this summer. We managed to get it all done in time before a big rainfall and now there is a wind warning for Vancouver...we hope that we are not cleaning flowers off the backyard tomorrow morning.
So...just a few secrets...coming back to driving has been interesting. Getting use to driving in Nairobi was good, but all of a sudden I had a hard time. I guess I got started or imerged in driving fast. I am also driving my mom's car around Vancouver, a city that I don't know all that well. Traffic lights...are a suggestion in Nairobi...here they are everywhere. Seeing a round about...excites me...they are only slightly smaller than what I am use to (ok...they are miniature round abouts). Stop signs...are everywhere, four way stops are followed by rules...not just enter in. My horn honking has been mastered and I find that I my response time to use it has been quick on the draw. My secret was that I was doing well at driving until one traffic light...I freaked out my sister and my mom driving with me, I admitted later that Nairobi didn't have traffic lights!
So week one...doing well...life is great and I am not about to fall apart. Please continue to pray for me as I am doing well but my health hasn't been that great this last month and getting use to not working as it is tempting to look for work right now too.
Also...note for those that are looking for me...I have my same phone number...call me or sms me if you want to get together too!
No comments:
Post a Comment