Friday, May 21, 2010

A week on the BC Coast

Well this week I have been busy, I know I did a post below but here is my week in review.

Jennine in her dress...no one gets to see how it looks!

The first thing on the list of things to do was wedding planning with Jennine.  In the morning we spent the day going wedding dress shopping.  Now the fun part of this was that Jennine has found a dress already, so there was no pressure.  It was just fun for the experience to try on some fun dresses and I had a blast.

Later in the day we made our way to the venue that she is getting married at, Grouse Mountain.  Known as the Peak of Vancouver it was spectacular.  We took a Skyride up the mountain, passing over a Timber wolf Sanctuary, and the Grouse Grind 2.9 Km climb up the face of Grouse Mountain, straight up like a stair master, looked like something to attempt.  Once we got to the top...this is what we saw...


Grouse Ski Hill

Turn around to see...
City of Vancouver

Another day was spent, gardening.  We thought the weather turned on us and it was going to be raining for the rest of the week.  Well this morning we woke up to a bright sunny day, so Jennine and I made our way out to hit the Garden Centres.  Yes we visited three of them before 10:30 in the morning.  I realize there is lots of things that I would love to do...if I owned a house.  This would be one of them...
Jennine happy in garden!


This is what we planted...plus a few more hanging baskets!

This is Frank, Henry, and I forgot the other dudes name...they watch over the garden!

The dogs were tired from 'helping' all day...ha ha...they didn't do anything but smell the flowers!

 
This Juniper, my sister's pug, posing like a cutie!

Then we headed up the highway...the Sea to Sky Highway...to Squamish.  This is my home town and I love to come visit, for this reason...

This park is just outside of Squamish...I went out with my brother to do some photography together.

 This is my brother Dean (my other brother)

Me...trying not to notice how cold and windy it was!


Then we hiked down the highway to this spot...to get a shot of Squamish.  This is it...it is a small town with about 15,000 for a population.  It is the Outdoor Recreation Capital of Canada, it is well known for 
rock climbing, wind surfing, great hiking trails, mountain biking, snowmobiling and some great back country skiing.  I know I sound like a tourist hostess...but I tell you every time I come back to visit I wonder if I can stick around longer.



 The Squamish Chief

The Squamish Chief or otherwise called the Stawamus Chief is the second largest mountain of granite in the world.  This is not the good side of the Chief, as from the other side the Chief resembles an Indian Chief laying down.  (It stretches out further back)

So far that is all, I have seen some great friends and funny things...I have run into people, had a lovely visit but totally blank on who they are.  Or this was the best, I saw someone in the store, they smiled at me, I smiled back...I turned around and was like, mom I think I smiled at a lady that you know...you better take a look.  Sure enough...she knew the lady.  Oh and then I saw a guy that I had a crush on in elementary school, now this one was embarrassing, you know childhood crushes...well this one I had forgotten and moved on and grew up.  Well, my elementary school when we were in Grade two buried a time capsule.  In the year 2000 they opened it up.  Well, my grade wrote all our favourite things on our paper, like favourite food, colour, etc.  Well as well, our teacher made us write a secret we had...I wrote that I liked this kid....then they read it out loud in 2000 to all of us that were there!  Well this was the first time that I had seen him since...you could tell that we remembered that moment still...

No comments: