Well I am finally home and spoiled...not that my mom is excited that I am home but I had a hot shower last night, a snack when I got home, great friends, the sun is shining (and it is warm), and fast internet connection!
I know it is just sometimes the little things that are pleasures in this life.
I thought I would recap the last week or so from Kenya for those that were wondering. Well managed to get all packed and ready to go on May 1st...today marks 14 days that I have been living out of a bag and it isn't going to end yet!!
I moved all my bags up to RVA to the Dubber's as I spent my last few days in Nairobi. It was a bittersweet weekend as I said my goodbyes and enjoyed a Pig Roast...if you have never experienced this...I highly recommend it! I was also looking into an earlier flight home by this point which I decided later that it was worthwhile to spend the last few days there...and I heard that Calgary was having a snowstorm.
Things happened so fast with my decision I felt that I was in a whirlwind and took a while to process everything it was an interesting time for me. I made it to the office on Monday to say goodbye to the Kenyan staff as things haven't been announced yet to anyone. It was good to see everyone and be encouraged by them.
I then headed up to RVA and knew I had to process lots...but then I got caught up in life in the fast lane of RVA. It turned out that Kylie's househelp was really sick last week, she normally takes care of Ella when Kylie is teaching, well I showed up and I was Ella's sidekick all week long. The life of an almost three year old...priceless...we played every imaginary game we could think of. Had a great time with Titus and Cassidy doing homework together, and reading together.
By the week, Titus informed me that I wasn't going home, Cassidy asked for me to put her in my luggage, and Ella asked to come along too...it was a fun week.
I felt like I continued on in ministry, just in a different way as God's timing was perfect. I even got to go along on RVA Outreach weekend...and pick garbage (or rubbish) from the side of the road that I traveled so often throughout this past year. It was great!
I managed to plan my last day in Nairobi well, we went to Amani Ya Juu for lunch, it is a really great cafe that supports single ladies and their families. And then had a great visit with Gwen before making it to Diamond Plaza for dinner for some great Indian food experience. Two of my favourite places in one day...mmm!!
My flights home...were very uneventful...I am not disappointed...just surprised...I figured that from this year of everything unexpected to happen...that the same would be for the trip home. It did start off with a funny story...my check in time...took about the same amount of time that it did for a family of five to check in. I ended up with an overweight bag that became a hassle...
I enjoyed the time in London, though they were in the middle of a cold snap...in May...it was 2 degrees when I got there, I was thankful for a scarf...a pair of gloves...and two jackets... I made my way to Hyde Park, enjoyed a brisk walk through there, had a coffee and enjoyed the view of the Serpentine. Made my way to Green Park, on my way to Buckingham Palace. It was great to get out and walk, in some fresh cool air in between the flights!
My flight home was uneventful, despite the baby that flung food around...I came out...rather clean compared to her mom! I flew through customs...literally but had enough time to have a wonderful visit with the custom's agent about missions. Got all my bags...which is a big bonus and headed out to see Calgary!
I have to say how well I am enjoying being home right now...I was worried about a few things...but I am doing really well and feel like I didn't miss a beat at all...it is strange...but good!
My day is well planned I am now a little behind in my plans but I am heading out for a quick walk...then to see one of my bestest friends ever. I have to pack and get ready for another road trip...
See you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment