Friday, June 11, 2010

All in a Week

Well as you can see I got a little distracted as I went into my blog and I changed things up...once again!  I tell you if you have never blogged before you are really missing out on the fun and entertainment of being able to choose a new design for your blog!  If you blog...don't be afraid to switch it up once in a while.

So for those that are curious to my week, it has been very quiet after the storm of the weekend of being around babies and more babies!

My weekend was spend celebrating the first year of my cousins triplets, Hailey, Shantal, and Kyra all had a fun butterfly birthday party, the crazy thing was that there was two other set of twins there and a bunch of other kids.  It was crazy time, but I have to say all the kids were relatively doing well.  It was great to see family again since being home.

I then made my way to a baby shower, celebrating the birth of Nathan James, just born a couple of weeks ago, I was blessed to have some snuggle time with him and I also tried to get him a little hyper, but it doesn't quite work the same on a newborn as it does children.

So, now you think that my week wasn't enough of babies...I then ventured off to visit Penny, who is eight months old in Okotoks and we had an instant bond.  It was a fun visit with her and her mom Lisa.

I guess this week I have taken advantage of the quietness before I get started into work next week, I have managed to get lots of the little things done that I needed to do.  I also started a detox this week, I know a little too much information, but I felt after being away this last year I needed to do a little extra to cleanse my body, just in case I brought some of the nasties home with me. 

So that is the story...no funnies this week

Ok...as I say that...I have a good one.  Sunday night I was at church, our pastor was speaking on how to find your life partner, yes an interesting sermon.  he made some really points and if you get a chance to listen to it online, you should.  Well that isn't the funny story, I know...distracted...you would think there was a shiny object in the room.  So as we were leaving church...there was a photocopier in the atrium.  Someone had to ask..."Why is there a photocopier just sitting here?" as a disclaimer...it was really out of the ordinary.  So, me and my mouth that somewhat acts in an uncontrolled manner says (oh and innocently)... "I think it is for photocopying your bum!".  Then I realized what I said...then I hoped no one heard me!  Then it was reinforced for me as everyone said...that's what I was thinking!!  If you don't think this is funny...guess you had to be there moment has come and passed!

Now I have a culture adjustment story for you...so this last year I would say I was pretty well taken care of, when you have the little men in the parking lot to help you back up and get out of tight spaces, the full service at gas stations so I didn't pump my own gas for the last year, and wide open markets with no doors.  I know three things that Canadian wonder...what???  Well this week I have had to fill my car up with petrol...ok gasoline!  First off...I had no clue what side of my car the gas tank was on...so after a few pull in and pull outs at the pump I managed to figure it out, then to actually figure out the gas pump...another duh moment while I stand there thinking.  I managed to get it figured it out but wow...it took a moment.

The other thing that was a little shocking was automatic doors are everywhere in Calgary.  I really didn't think it was a big deal until I have encountered a few doors that just don't open...I am left there standing thinking, really??  why me??  But any who, I managed not to freak out but it has been close to the moment of almost freaking out. 

Now when I park in a lot, I always wonder where the guys are to help me out.  I try my best to get through parking lots without the help, but beware if you are in Calgary, I am unsupervised in parking lots!


Have a great week all!

No comments: