I know it sounds dramatic for a blog title but what better way to get your attention as I give you an update of my life these last few weeks.
I guess I really did kill a gopher driving today which after living in Alberta for the last 11 years is quite the accomplishment for me. This one sadly ran for my tires and that was the end of it and the truck behind me finished the poor dude off. What excitement!
Well, as I have been settling in here, life really hasn't settled down. I have only been in Calgary for a week and I have managed to see more friends then I have hands and toes to count them. And there is still more...the funny thing is the numerous messages of 'does your phone not dial out here in Canada?' 'do you need to move back to Africa so we can chat?' so you can understand...there is only so many hours in the day...I won't be bored anytime soon.
In the time returning from BC I have been busy not only with reacquainting myself with life, church, and friends. But I have also had a job interview, yes only one interview. My goal 4 weeks ago of waiting to look for a job...seems that it was good wisdom at the time but surely I have learned that God's wisdom and plan for my life is usually way different. As much as I was ok with not working God dropped a position in my lap. I have now accepted a position to work at Centre Street Church as the Admin Assistant in Children's Ministry. I start in just over a week and I am so looking forward to it. For those that are concerned if this is the right decision, trust me there was lots of prayer and I am more than ready to get started again in the workforce.
I also just spend a few days in Lethbridge this week, got to catch up with some great friends. I realized that I left there 9 years ago...wow how time flies. I even ran into a coworker from 10 years ago who was just a sweet lady and told me how she was just talking about me last week. I surprised Megan who has lived longer in Lethbridge by running into someone that knew me for a change.
I almost was going to take a picture of the straight highway for my American friends who couldn't believe that I fell asleep on the highway once and woke up in time to find myself in the other lane. I was asked by a little boy, isn't there curves in the highway? I tried to explain that roads are really straight here in Canada and there is one stretch of highway that is super straight. But sadly enough I couldn't reach into my trunk while driving, even by setting my cruise control and stretching back didn't work.
Another exciting part was my first Slurpee in Canada, I have been looking forward to this day to stop in Claresholm, one of the busiest 711's in Alberta. Yes..it was a highlight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment