Saturday, June 26, 2010

Great Ideas...well...

Since I had a this great idea...ok actually I started a new job a week ago Monday and two days ago I found out that I was to make a pie for our Sunday School Picnic.  YIKES!  Ok, for those of you that know me I am a baker, I prefer cookies, muffins, and bread baking!  Pie...I have never done before.  To boot, this is a Pie Tasting Contest...judged by our Senior Pastor, and other pastoral staff (so people I work with).

So my first thought was to make a Blueberry Peach pie, since blueberries are out fresh right now and same with peaches.  Then the idea came to me to make Peanut Butter pie (but due to peanut allergies I wasn't allowed to).  But creatively I managed to make a Blueberry Peach pie and my mom had little tarts so I made peanut butter fudge tarts!

Here is the recipe (thanks to Candace for the idea) that I will share with everyone.

Peanut Butter Fudge Pie
1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese Softened
1/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Whipped Topping (Cool Whip)
Chocolate Fudge

Graham Cracker/Oreo Crumb Crust

Whip the cream cheese and peanut butter and sugar together until well blended and fluffy.  Gentle Stir in the whipped topping, place in pie crust, add chocolate fudge sauce (cut through with knife) and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Try it out sometime...it is delicious!

No comments: