Well, so just as you think it cannot get worse, the prognosis is a high ankle sprain, the prescription: pain meds and plenty of rest.
So yeah, my week got progressively worse as by the end of the week I could barely walk, it was terrible, my leg was so swollen, the pain so intense that I took a sick day on Friday, to rest my leg. I could not believe how much pain I was in.
By Saturday the doctor came to check it out, good news is that there is no broken bones, bad news is that this takes time to heal...like a good week and a half. So I did a good tear of the muscles.
How you ask???
Well only the ultimately talented me, can sprain my ankle tripping up the stairs. What I managed to do was my shoe got caught on the lip of the stair, so I instinctively was stepping down, my toe caught the stair and jarred it up, stretching out the muscle in my ankle. Yes, surprisingly, it did not hurt after I did it, and it did not hurt before I went to bed that night, but come the morning I woke up with an incredible pain in my leg, but do you think that stopped me??? I still was able to run up and down the stairs at work numerous times until Thursday night came, my ankle looked like I had an apple attached to it...it was that swollen, I was almost in tears it hurt so much.
Doctor came and said that I need to rest it, it should be in a cast but not likely for me right now.
So prayers for fast healing...and as I am making lemonade out of the lemons right now!
1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday, Joelle! Sorry to hear about your ankle. As usual, I can see you are gettng yourself into lots of adventures :). --Steph
Post a Comment