As most of you know, last year in coming here I didn't have lots of notice to quit my job, pack, and organize my life in the short time span of two weeks notice that I had my funding in place and my plane ticket booked. As I think about it...this is no cause for me to be alarmed, right? Like I did it much worse...so I can do it again, no problem I can do anything. Yeah, this last weekend's freak out moment was more like I need to write a to do list...after the initial thought of all that I want to get done and need to get done. I need the to do list!
The to do list, is my life saver when I feel overwhelmed. The funny thing is that I don't feel overwhelmed just whelmed if that is a feeling and the over comes if I think too much.
When I look at the calendar, I think ah its March...there is so much time left...but did you know even when you flip the calendar just to look at April...it doesn't set in either. Until today, I looked at the countdown of how many days were left...50...tomorrow that is 49...did you know 40 is a freak out number that means that I am approaching the last month that I am here. that means in just over 30 days...I will be home.
But let me tell you ...this isn't a freak out of coming home...it is wondering what is left of what I wanted to do, to make sure I get everything taken care of that I need to. All in a day...my thought process went from over active...to freak out...to shut down and not think about it...ok...to not overly think about it.
It was a funny weekend overall, not that I had too much fun but the way it started...the new rooster...that sounds like the cockadoo sounds like a rooster being strangled. And this new found rooster, likes to rooster at not 6 am when normal roosters go on but get this...it was 4 am. I thought it was a joke, it was still dark, pitch black dark. As I rolled over and pretended it wasn't real I went back to sleep.
Once I got up...I learnt important lesson number two of the day. One word, WATER. Oh yes, I have learned lots about water lately but this one was key. Before I go and explain the difficult process of getting water. Lets just say that each property here has a tank that gets filled up from the city with water five nights per week. My lesson was ...the release valve needs to be open to receive the city water...sadly...my release valve has been closed...for the last two months. Smart thing...I only go through under 200 gallons of water every two months.
So the fun part of this is that the city only has water running at certain times during the day, so my choice of doing laundry was based on if I would get enough water during the morning to do it. Thankfully I did get it all done, except for running out of water in the last rinse cycle of the last load. But innovative me, found a bucket and started dumping water in.
Lesson number three...I really don't like black fuzzy caterpillars! I found another one in the house...close to my shoes. So I set out to capture this creature...it wasn't easy but it found its way to the toilet. Victory!
Lesson number four...My I Love the Newsboys t-shirt...that really looks like I love Boys...gets you in trouble even when you just wear it around the house. Ha ha...this one was funny. I happen to be wearing my I love boys shirt, I saw someone I know out in the neighbourhood so I stopped to say hi. She said that she was going to the neighbours house for a prayer meeting and BBQ that was to be held that day. I wasn't thinking...until all the people started to show up...and my shirt was a little more obvious...I did the quick arm cover and I got to go move swish! After I had a family stop by to visit, and part two of the lesson...don't wear the shirt where there is a camera around. Yes...there is a shot of me that should be appearing on a blog someday soon...that is ok...that makes it more funny! (So yes...you can post it!)
Lesson number five...never plan an event that requires the weather to cooperate. This weekend we had rain...rain and more rain. It was great, but the singles had planned to go swimming Sunday afternoon and it was too cool to go. So that is being rescheduled...adding to my list of things to do before I leave.
Lesson number six...and you think that I could possible not learn anything new in one weekend...well you are right...not much else happened of importance. Oh unless you count the morning crow of the rooster this morning at 4 am to be exact...once again...this is going to be a long week.
No comments:
Post a Comment