Stung by a Bee
Yes, it is an interesting story! I was on my way to Java House to use their internet, I was in the process of a large download and I usually go there once a week to view pictures that people have posted on Facebook, as the upload speed is usually faster. Java House is a pretty popular cafe here in Kenya, that the American like menu and the safe handling of food is popular among everyone! They also have free wireless, that is perfect for transients like me, and it just usually requires a late night coffee but well worth it.
Well I no sooner sat down and got my computer out, when I feel something down in my bra area (between the sisters). This 'thing' was on the move as I felt it come up and then land on my neck. Now at the moment, some complete stranger is sitting across from me, so my freak out...was less dramatic then if I knew him. So I do the graceful neck to shoulder swipe, hoping whatever was on me...was coming off. Well no such luck, as I do that...I get stung and the mild freak out took place as I frantically flicked off where the pain was coming from. Meanwhile the guy across from is intent with his computer (thankfully) didn't notice. I then had to ask him to watch my things as I ran to the bathroom to make sure I was swelling or there was a stinger stuck in me. Thankfully it didn't really hurt and I was brave, meanwhile it had left a two inch mark that finally went away after a week.
Airport
Tuesday night, I was at the airport! Have I told you how much I like airports! Any airport? It is my underlying thing that you just don't know about me. I love getting people from airports, welcoming them back after long trips. Seeing others come back after long trips...not knowing their story but seeing the longing to hold loved ones in their arms and then the gasp of I can't believe it is you! I always think that when we get to Heaven, our loved ones that are waiting for us there is going to be like that! It is truly amazing!
This time, I went along with friends to pick up another friend from Montana. It was actually Hannah from Montana, but not Hannah Montana. The trip out to the airport here is such an adventure. You really don't know what to expect, how long it will be to get there, and obstacles. This time, it was just traffic and the big blue bus that was aiming at a target of the passenger side of the car we were in. Thankfully we narrowly escape the Land Cruiser Sandwich experience. Made it to the airport in one piece and eagerly waited for Hannah.
Only in Africa, do you see someone get off the plane with motorbike tires, and not pay customs for them, then out in the parking lot see them go home on the motorbike. No joke! It was quite the site!
The other interesting site is seeing Europeans come to Africa...with no regards to the culture of dressing modestly...no need to say more.
Petrol
Yes, petrol, is the new word for gasoline or fuel. I might have a slip of the tongue with this one when I return to Canada. I got my British complement with this one too. I went to fill my car up with Petrol, I told the attendant to fill it up. The guys always get wide eyed and excited, it is interpreted like...this girl is rich! Cha-ching!
So, you all know that I have a small car, it only hold about 20 litres of fuel. So a fill up is not as dramatic as filling up a Land Cruiser.
Well when I went to fill up the tank, I happened to look out the side mirror and notice fuel bubbling out of the tank and the attendant...proceeding to 'fill' it up even more. I stuck my head out and was yelled 'stop' it is full already, my tank is very small (even my little Swahili came out in my reaction). He was like, I don't understand and continued to 'fill' up the tank. I was like no, just stop, I don't need anymore. Next thing I know, I have the manager out at the side of my car asking what is wrong and I told him. Well then I asked them to clean the side of my car off considering it was more then just a 'bit' of fuel that got on it. Well they didn't understand why but also wanted to make me happy. So I got a mini car wash out of the deal. I now know I am not going to let them take the liberty of 'filling' up the tank or if I do, it will be under a close eye (like me standing beside them).
At the end of it all the manager asked if I was British...I guess my Kenyan accent got a little too English on me and I should've gone for tea instead!
Amani Ja Yuu
Well that was the start of my adventure of the day, I also made it to Amani Ja Yuu on Saturday, avoiding housework and things that need to get done to do some shopping and a quick trip out of town. Ran into friends there and had a great visit! Also got a few gift ideas and some fabulous handbags that I had to limit myself to! It is a great place to be...
RVA
I then made my way up to RVA to see the kids and family of course, it was a great visit. The kids had fun making their slip and slide on Saturday. Ella was all giggles as she learned how to spray the hose in different directions with the use of her foot blocking the valve. Cassidy and Titus soaping up the slide with bubble bath to get extra sliding speeds. Ending off the weekend babysitting and getting an indentation of butterfly on my face.
You ask 'a butterfly' indentation. Why yes, not a tattoo or face paint. I went all out and got hit in the face with a bobble elastic in Cassidy's hair (four bobbles to be exact) that left four indentations in the shape of a butterfly in my face. It is a little tender so I think it left some bruising, as I still have the mark today. Let's just say it is all fun and games when you tickle someone...until someone gets a face bash by a head adorned in bobbles. Dangerous I tell you...just dangerous!
No comments:
Post a Comment