So with that I am going to post some of my favourites during this past year that I have found here, and even some that I am looking forward to hearing on the radio when I get home, did I mention that I miss getting free things from Shine, I will be refining my phone in skills to score in on some fun free things!
So now starting in no particular order
Awakening by Passion Worship Band
Now these guys I have never heard of until this morning, they do some of the top worship songs from our favourites of Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Matt Redman, and many more. Bringing together a worship experience like no other. Even incorporates some newer songs...definitely a time of worship with our King.
Tonight by Toby Mac
Now...I haven't listened fully to the album...but I have gotten snipets of it and I tell you ...Toby Mac you are an artist gifted and talented through God...
Forgiven by Sanctus Real
Ok...this is only one song that I listened to today...I have heard this band in concert and didn't really care for their music...this song...is amazing! Check it out!
First verse
Well the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
I’m reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just wont let me forget
And failure knocks me down again
I’m reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just wont let me forget
What Faith Can Do by Kutless
Now this song...is one of the songs that got me through a hard time, a good reminder of what Faith can do, and made me remember times when I relied on God through Faith to get through the hard times...truly was a great message spoken in a song!
How He Loves by David Crowder
So mix these two songs together and you get an excellent time with God, another great message in a song and definitely God Loves You!
Rediscover You by Starfield
Ok, another one that I haven't listened to the whole album but if the rest is as good as this song...I am impressed, it is great and Starfield has come out with some great tunes this couple of years, their last album is replayed over and over in the stereo.
You are with Me by Anne Iacovone
This one is a little of a private songwriter that I know from back home (and she was also my hairdresser and she was the worship leader at the church I grew up at), she and her husband write and compose music together, don't get confused, you can listen to this song on http://www.cmt.ca/Artist/AnneIacovone and it is classified as country...and I know...I say I strongly dislike country music but this is different and has a great message in it! A great song of encouragement!
There is more, and I think I will post another time, but this is all that I have in my listening device that gets the repeat button over and over again.
Oh, and the song of the week....Stayin' Alive...I like to think of it as a theme song...that I am Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gee's.



No comments:
Post a Comment