Ok, so this story qualifies for it's own post! There is nothing like the booty check in Kenya!
So the start of this week wasn't so great, one day I forgot my phone, which when I thought was a good time to go and get it...it wasn't, no sooner I got home and my boss was looking for me. He forgot his keys in the office and I locked it when I left. After I sent him a message about suggestions, there was no choice in the matter that I had to make my way immediately back to the office. I was a little frustrated as there was a few errands that I had to run for him and I thought I would take care of them all while I was out.
So as I grumbled in my bad day, Wednesday came.
Wednesday was a better day! I managed to remember everything I needed in the morning and set off for work. But I also had to rescue Gwen and her kids, they slept in that morning and it was a dress up day for school, so I was transporting a butterfly and a nerd. We even had a funny moment as one of the butterfly antenna's got caught in the door.
Once I made it to the office, it was actually quite a tense day, we were awaiting word of a court decision, it would affect our leadership to the point that I was a key contact person that day. As I was awaiting the announcement I thought it would be a good time to go and get pictures that I had sent in to be developed. As I was leaving the airport, things were different this morning. They had police searching vehicles, so as I came up in the que the officer asked me to "get out of the car so we can check my booty together" well seeing that the car in front of me got searched I knew what he was referring to, but I tried hard not to give him the "are you serious look?". But I complied, got out of the car, opened up my boot as instructed. He didn't even look inside as he told me to take off. But let me tell you, I laughed all the way down the road and back to the Hangar, it was so funny!
I got back to the hangar and told the Kenyan receptionist that the police officer wanted to check my booty, she was confused, then I explained the boot of my car that was. She laughed too, as well as the guys that I gave a ride home to, the Kenyan's thought it was the funniest thing. I continue to laugh at the slip on words, it isn't every day a police officer stops you to ask to check out your booty!
So along with the other stories I get to tell you when I get home, that might just be the number one story of the year!
So, have you had your booty checked?
No comments:
Post a Comment