Ok, this is a two post day, aren't you lucky!
Well, I really was excited this morning as I came into the office.
Before I tell you, I know the suspense is going to get you! But this last week I had been praying about ways that I can share with you how I am reaching to African's in spreading the news of Christ.
Last week, we got to hear some stories about how a Kenyan missionary is reaching an unreached people's group in Sudan, these people didn't have access to the outside world, they are the tribes that you would see in a National Geographic magazine. This missionary trudged their path in to share in educating the tribe about Jesus, the kids wondered if Jesus is Kenyan, because they wanted to meet Him. The way this story connects to what I am doing here is that this village built an airstrip, so our airplanes can bring in food, supplies, clothing, and medical aid. AIM Air now serves hand in hand with this other mission in helping this need. The cool part of this story is that the village built the airstrip themselves, I can't remember the exact dimensions but it was something like 750 meters long, and they removed all the rock and filled in the holes so our airplanes can land.
Another, was an email that I received this morning. This was weird in how it worked, but a couple of months ago we received an email from Ron in Canada, he is serving with AIM at Prairie Bible College (the BC I attended), I met him briefly in Canada at an AIM event in the Fall of 2008. He was emailing us if we knew of a vehicle for sale in Nairobi for a friend of his that is coming to the field. Well, if anyone has been to Africa, you can see that vehicles aren't always in the best of shape. So I intercepted the email and told his friend of a guy that I have worked with in leasing a car, I mentioned that he has assisted other missionaries in purchasing a vehicle and his ability in importing vehicles. Mentioning to him that he was better off leasing for the first month he was here to get the feel of the land. Well, the next thing I hear is that Ron's friend found a vehicle, from afar but still wanted some advice. I suggested to him that he needed to see it himself before making a decision.
This is what I got....
Joelle,
Your suggestion to contact K* was the key to my buying a 1998 Land Cruiser, that is now being used in our ministry of evangelism. He came and checked out the vehicle, recommended that I buy it, and then completely went through it, put on new big tires, etc. He also helped with the insurance, transferring the log book, getting me a pin #, etc. His help was tremendous, and so was his hospitality. We used the vehicle for 2 weeks north of Osiolo doing school assemblies and village film meetings. Hundreds attended each meeting, with a great response. Pastors came, and invited people to their churches. Now our Kenyan evangelist continues on in this ministry with the vehicle. So you were used of God to give me vital guidance, that led to the success of this project. Thank you.
Pray for K*. The day after I left, he was carjacked and robbed.
In Christ,
This is just some of the many stories of how God is working in the work of our Disciples here in Africa. I could go on in our partnership of Samaritan's Purse here at AIM Air, is tremendous in helping that need, ask Kev how many time he can fly with us. We also work with SIM, Serving in Missions with many of our personnel here at the hangar, and serving those working in Sudan.
Not only in helping in transportation needs, we have partnered in with SIL (Wycliffe) in our Tumaini Counseling Center. Providing a counseling need to many missionaries, missionary kids, and staff in their time of need.
This is how God is at work, I am privileged to be a part of the spreading of the Gospel, to work along side of missionaries that are called to do the unimaginable, called to crazy living conditions, working with people that don't even know English. I am serving in ways that you can see the fruits of the labour, but not breaking myself in labour. I am serving in a way that most missionaries get support that they wouldn't realize is needed.
I spoke to some missionaries a few weeks ago about this, about being in a ministry such as this, really not serving up close and personal with Kenyan's that need to hear the word, but serving those that serve is key. I hear all the stories able to be a part of it, by not actually being there. It is cool to be a part of God's calling, a plan that He has for my life.
Be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment