So do you ever wonder about having Faith?
The dictionary defines Faith as confidence or trust in a person or thing, also defined as belief that is not based on proof.
So have you ever thought of Faith...like a potato?
Interesting question I pose, I know but Faith in a potato is really have the belief in something that is unseen, will provide, that you have a ultimate trust in something, you don't know what the outcome will be.
That is like having the Christian faith, you really know that ultimately that God will provide, but that is unknown. You have a friend in Jesus, but all good and bad things will come from Him. That doesn't mean that God isn't a faithful God. Having faith means to trust....trust that God will provide in any circumstance. That no matter what you believe, you are able to stand up for what you believe and God gives you discernment...to be able to make the choices in your life.
Many people think that a life with God, means that they are to sit back and wait for God to tell them what to do...if they should go out of the house...if they should go on vacation, if they should quit their job...getting a job, etc. Seriously, God gives us freewill, the freedom to make the choice based on discernment of knowledge.
My faith...I have often mentioned that God called me to Kenya, this process wasn't a decision I said...Yes God, tomorrow I will move to Kenya. This process took a lot of preparation, preparation of my heart, if I was able to do this, preparation of being able to give up everything that is a comfort to me, job security, a roof over my head, luxuries of living a life of no worries. It also took a lot of Faith, faith in the unknown, why God would place that desire on my heart, and how God would use me.
Faith in the unknown...has been big. Moving across the world...not knowing where I would live, what exactly I was getting myself into, not having friends, not having anything of comfort...I was relying on Faith. An ultimate trust...that God would provide, but also that in downfalls, I would see God in it.
Well, I have seen lots of hardships, from the Didinga TIMO team being evacuated, to the AIM Air Accident, to Waldo being diagnosed with cancer, to being affected as a ministry in aviation of the lost of many dear mentor and family members in the States. It has effected a ministry, that serves missionaries deeply.
But what do we have?...we have Faith. Faith that God provides in this time, if it is a deeper gratification on our God for providing us with life, or a deeper love, that God wouldn't call us here...to do anything more...but to serve Him...being called to a greater purpose.
Many Christians, put their faith in money, jobs, and friends, all seen to the human eye. They know that with money the have faith to survive, with job...they will have money, and with friends...they have a comfort that they will never be lonely. Many say they have faith...but then get angry when God doesn't give them the desires of their heart.
Having Faith with nothing...being strip naked with nothing but your self...gives a new light to faith...this is now...fully relying and trusting in God to provide all your needs, even when He takes away.
Our God is an everlasting God, He won't give you anything you can't handle, He won't ask you to do the impossible. It is often that we are asked to do something...that breaks the barrier of comfort...there is no visible reward in some of the things that we do, because He promise is our reward in heaven.
I am not preaching to those that don't know God, but ask your self...what do you have faith in? is it things that you see, is it in someone else that you idolize, is it in your fortune or in creating that fortune. Give one thing to God...if it is in your money, ask God to provide for you...or thank Him for the provision and bless someone (pay it forward)! Rewards will be great!
I got on this tangent for a reason, I just didn't dream the fact that we have to have faith...like a potato...I watched this movie this past weekend, called Faith Like Potatoes (2006). A powerful movie for Christians, as one farmer gave up everything and lived his life for God...even when he planted potatoes in the midst of a drought. As all the other farmers put their hope and faith in the El Nino rains...he listened to God. The lesson came at the end of the growth period, unable to see potatoes grow as they are grown in dirt...they had to wait...wait to see how God would bless them...in potatoes!
Right now my journey feels like a potato...that it is growing underground, I have not seen the results of my potato, but I know that it is growing, that when it is time to dig up, I will have much reason to rejoice, to dance before my King (fully dressed, not like David), in praise and adoration that the one that has called me to be faithful, has blessed me. I am prepared that the digging up...may not be this year...that it may be dug up in heaven, but I know that the faith I have grows within me...it may not be big and glorious...but it is truly rewarding.
No comments:
Post a Comment