So as I was preparing for Christmas, it didn't feel like Christmas, as the Christmas tunes were playing...the snow and the cold was missing.
Well, be careful what you wish for!

As I was driving out of town for Christmas with the family, the weather turned worse drastically fast, I took a video of it but am unable to upload it, but the picture was taken when I was able to see and wasn't gripping on to the stirring wheel while staying close enough the vehicle in front of me. It is amazing only because some parts of the road...just looked like it would drop off, to the left you can usually see the huge Rift Valley, it had disappeared into the fog.
There was unfortunately a bad accident on the way up, there was car that had been completely engulfed in flames, sadly I learnt the next day that the whole family didn't make it.
Doesn't this remind you of Winter driving in Canada? Minus the snow!
Oh and little taste of driving on the right hand side inside the car...yes I am driving...not a passenger...it is really weird, but as to Kelly as my witness...I have learned to drive like the locals...in good defensive/offensive tactics! And I am driving on the left lane of the highway...
It is usually fun driving here, even when I am navigating through the matatus, pot holes (which are crater like and would eat my car up) and other crazy drivers! Oh yeah...that happens all the time...It is a pleasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment