Well celebrating a New Year often brings a new beginning, wondering what new adventure will come this year. Well as I was thinking about it, it was another moment of God was asking me to do something more for Him in serving Him. Now I don't even know what that means but that just means that this year is still yet the ultimate adventure that I have being the follower of God.
Our day was spent together, as mom and dad were in meetings. I got the girls ready in the morning, braided their hair, and took Ella off to the park. Where we sat on the swings and played on the monkey bars. When we got back to the house...there was Cassidy and Titus...still watching cartoons. That was it...tv time was over. I forced the kids to get dressed, and we started making lunch for mom and dad. When they left later for more meetings, the kids banned from TV were trying to be creative in spending their afternoon. So then...they got an idea...we talked at lunch about running up 'Killer Hill'. 'Killer Hill' - a section of the guards trail that is a steep incline for about 500 meters. So, we got the kids...Ella in the stroller and we were off as I was four by fouring with the stroller to get to this hill, Cassidy assured me that it hadn't started yet...just wait. Then we got there, the kids were off...they scooted up the hill, to the point I couldn't see them any more...so I started up my way with Ella, half way up I needed to stop for a breath, Ella didn't seem to realize one needs to breath, and urged me to go faster. But the kids made it to the top, they stopped at least once on the way up.
Back to reality...New Year's Eve started with the excitement that the kids and I were going to have our own little party to ring in the New Year, Titus was ever so excited that Aunt Jo jo, was wanting to stay home, he was very sure that mom and dad needed to go out and leave us be. The fact was the day before he was had made the comment, we need to find a way to get mom and dad out so we can stay with Aunt Jo again. His motive...to stay up and watch a movie.
Well this movie...was not no ordinary movie, ok...this is not on Joelle's recommended watch list, unless you want a good laugh, which I don't really like stupid movies...so this is not for non stupid movie lovers.
The Movie Plot:
As four lifelong friends, Will, Bryan, Matt, and Corey, are on the road trip they've been planning their whole lives, Corey's beloved grandfather unexpectedly dies. When going to claim Corey's inheritance, the gang meets Matt's beautiful cousin Jessie and embark on a hilarious, extreme sports-filled adventure.
Ok...I should've known...four men in a car...are on a trip together, what do you expect? Seriously, kids love it.
Titus, though was the most funniest person to watch the movie with. He decided that before each funny scene, Aunt Jo you have to watch this, this is the funniest part. After about the 10th scene of it being the funniest part...I was convinced that he thought the whole movie was hilarious. Even to the part that they were sitting in a dark room...lighting their farts on fire.
After we called, ShoSho and Gooca (Grandma and Grandpa), they came over, we counted down 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - Happy New Year's, we screamed, we ran around the house and we celebrated the New Year's (all at 9 pm).
So, after they went to bed the excitement of the campus came alive. The fireworks began, they were going off all over. They were down on the field ...about four different displays plus the few that were so loud...that they shook the whole house, including setting off the car alarm. Fortunately, Ella slept through it all. Titus got up...and went into Cassidy's room.
But at midnight the display was pretty good, the oh and ah's of the spectator's added to the enjoyment that went well on for about an hour.Welcome to 2010
Well, 8 am came awfully early the next day, even without the wild party I had a hard time getting up.
We were coming together to have a Pancake breakfast, with a few of the single girls on campus, before the parade.
A parade you ask? Yes a parade!

Yes, Kijabe put on a New Year's Day Parade, this is a first for most African's but they had it start off complete with the piki piki's (motorbikes) and a marching band (which most of the route was uphill, and they didn't waiver). The most exciting part...
The RVA representatives...
The RVA representatives...
After the parade they all gathered in the school field for field games there were three legged races, spoons of water relay, egg toss, relay races, tug of war, the list of games went on. It was incredible to watch.So it was a great start to the New Year, lots of fun and excitement for all!
Happy 2010 to all and to all a great year filled with God's blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment