Well I made it back from Kijabe, sorry for the delays in the update, I also didn't use any internet while I was there, my choice to be able to enjoy the week of holidays.
I came back on Sunday afternoon, after getting caught up on my laundry I was able to relax. My plan for the week consisted of packing and getting ready to move by the 15th (still destination unknown).
The unknown plan for the week was that I would be in bed from Tuesday until Friday unable to do anything but move between the bathroom and the bed. Couldn't even consume a banana I was sick, sicker than one should be without a mom around. With a mild fever and an unsettled stomach, I was quite the sight. I had numerous offers of, can we just come and check on you...just incase you have malaria? The next was...are you sure you don't want us to come in? I finally said...if you come...ginger ale would be a great gift!
The good news is that it wasn't malaria, I sort of figured it out from the beginning that it was just a stomach thing...
I started to feel better by Friday, thankfully! A few pounds lighter and still on a bland diet of rice, toast, crackers or soup broth, my fever subsided. This was all in my plan of doing a detox for the new year, start a fresh!
The rest of my weekend as I recuperate was getting my stuff organized to move next week. Slight problem in the plan this week is that the guy that is telling me where to move has taken the week off. So looks like I will be homeless. this is one BIG frustration I have right now is not being told where I am going to move, I was suppose to move a week ago but it got delayed. I have been advocating for the past month and a half of where I want to live. The hardest part is the fact that I am the only advocate and everyone else just keeps asking.
So...here is to a new week!
No comments:
Post a Comment