Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mombasa

So, I am back from Mombasa and had a great time!  It was beautiful and hot, now you all know that I like hot weather but our days would start at 30 degrees and end at about 29 degrees, it was fabulous! 

Our week away started with a great start at 4 am leaving from Nairobi, a day in a vehicle entertaining three kids!  You would never believe me if I told you that I made a game out of the reflection of my cell phone on the ceiling, for a good hour there was laughter.  We also got the kids excited of who would be the first to see a Palm tree and then the Ocean.  The way home was a little non exciting but Aunt Joelle pulled out the MP3 player and Ella enjoy Il Divo and Zoegirl music.  Cassidy ended up with the whole player by herself for a bit and Titus enjoyed some DC Talk.  It kept the kids quiet for quite a bit and worthwhile for the sanity of all!

Ella got to experience squatting to pee outside on the side of the road for the first time with Aunt Joelle, um...yeah not so successful on the first time around.

 
Cassidy all dressed up for swimming...too bad it was too late to go out!

Swimming
Cassidy learned how to swim on her back and swam across the entire length of the pool by herself.  Titus showed us his new skill of breathing under water but wasn't so good at it after he inhaled part of the pool.  Ella was very brave and was jumping into the water with her bright pink water wings on but wasn't so sure of herself in the floating part but after a while with Aunt Joelle I managed to let go of her at times but I also let her do some kicking and blowing bubbles in the water, she loved it.

 She ventured out anyways...and said she saw a crocodile!  
(She looks scared!)

Dutch Blitz
Cassidy also learned how to play Dutch Blitz by her Aunt teaching her, let me say it was a moment that I enjoyed.  Ella just learned that Dutch Blitz cards were fun to play with because they were girl and boys on the cards.  We also learned that in the hot weather dutch blitz cards were super fun.  (you will have to come back to see the picture later this week).

 A new way of playing with Dutch Blitz Cards!

 This was our game all week long!
 
Even Titus thought it was fun!

Sand Castles
Well, the week would not have been complete without building sandcastles with the Dubber's.  We build three creations, one had a tunnel from one to the other.  And the next had a few additions of creative Aunt Joelle.  Titus didn't think that I could add the creative touch to it but he like it all by the time we were done.  The last day we were there we build an amazing Hippo, named it Hip-Pogogo.  I enjoyed this one as I shaped the head and it was perfect (not bragging) but there are no pictures to brag about it so you will just have to take my word.

 Going for ice cream before the Beach!

 The Dubber Sand Castle Project #1

With a hole made for Ella
Hello Cassidy!
 
Everyone worked hard, the extra wall was the barrier from the incoming tide!

Stopped to take a picture of the Sunset...
Titus and Cassidy
The next day Titus' Sand Castle with some help from Dad and Aunt Joelle

It was a large kingdom

Cassidy built a small little village

Mom played frisbee with Dad

Titus worked
The girls played
Ella added some cheese to the beach
(camera was too focused...but isn't she a cutie)

Seaweed
Ok, I have to put this story in...it was pretty funny.  During the week Cassidy and I hung out quite a bit the last day we were there we went down to the beach to go surf the waves.  Well as we got there the waves were huge and strong but we still went out in the water to surf the waves.  Some of the waves looked like they were fifty feet further out but once they made it in towards the beach got alittle smaller.  Well Cassidy and I were floating in the waves for a bit and there were bunches of seaweed in the water, one just happen to snuggle in to the top of my bathing suit, Cassidy plucked it out just as fast as it got in there.  She said, oh no all we have to say now is seaweed and we are going to laugh.  Well I made the story a bit better as we got back to the house, we were washing our hair together in the shower.  I kicked her out of the shower so I could rinse the sand out of my suit, while I was doing that I was like eww there is seaweed in here.  She just laughed and said...where did you find it?  I told her that I found it up top in my suit and that was it we lost all our laughter out there.

Family
It was a great week spend with family, some great conversations, some of the greatest laughing moments.  I taught my family a great new game that we played every night.  We headed to RVA yesterday, going from plus 30 degrees to 20 (I think, it could've been colder) I froze and to boot, I managed to forget my overnight bag when I repacked in Nairobi, so I went with the clothes on my back, it made for a good laugh.  Now I can't believe it is over already, that means that there is now less than a month until I return to Canada.



If you look hard you will see the little munchkin adding some cheese to my flowers!
These were the flower in our house, every day was a new bouquet!

Happy Ending!
My flight details were confirmed, I leave Nairobi on May 12th and arrive in Canada on the 13th of May.  I am looking forward to seeing all of you.

 The drive home....

And this is the cheese that followed me around for the last week!
She is at the age that pretend is a big game...I was Ella and she was my mom for most of the week!

No comments: